I love make-up, skincare and body products so much that I experience bouts of dizziness in Sephora, Ulta and the like. And though I have dipped my lips, toes, fingers and cheeks into about every beauty brand imaginable, I have my favorites that I just can't do without. Here they are:
- MAC Studio Finish Concealer in NC42 - I actually don't love the Studio Finish as a concealer, but as an eyeshadow base it works wonderfully. I also use it on days when I don't feel like wearing any other eye make-up - dot some under your brows and on your lids and blend ... it leaves you looking "finished" without the extra steps.
- Bobbi Brown Creamy Concealer Kit in Golden - My life changed the day I bought this. I swear. When I wake up in the morning looking as if I've gone three rounds with Tyson, this concealer and powder zap those black circles right away.
- bareEscentuals Foundation in Warm Tan - I never knew what all the BE fanatics were going on about until I found my perfect shade. This is it. And for an every day foundation, it is utterly fabulous.
- bareEscentuals Tinted Mineral Veil - Even before I found my best BE shade, I understood the appeal of the Mineral Veil. This is, hands-down, the best loose powder I've ever used. If I put it on before I leave the house at 7 AM, my face is still shine-free at 5 PM. I don't have another powder that can match that.
- MAC Studio Stick in NC45 - I prefer this to Studio Tech. It has a creamy consistency that blends down to a matte finish and is quite convenient for traveling. I use this as my performance foundation.
- MAC Blot Powder in Dark - As Mineral Veil is the best loose powder, MAC Blot Powder is the best pressed powder. Cuts oil in a second without depositing any added color.
- MAX Factor 2000 Calories mascara in Rich Black - I only need black mascara. This mascara separates and darkens significantly and I can layer on three coats without clumping.
- L'Oreal Voluminous Carbon Black - Works just as well as the above.
- MAC Kohl Power in Raven - If I could use only one eyeliner for the rest of my life, this would be it. It is the perfect shade for my brown skin and eyes - beautiful flecks of bronzy-red to set off the black.
- CARGO BeachBlush in Coral Beach - The perfect mix of blush and bronzer. A great timesaver. Everyone should have a BeachBlush if you want that healthy glow without using two or three separate products.
- Bobbi Brown blush in Coral and Clementine - Bobbi's blushes are so smooth and silky and these two shades are perfect for my skin tone - yummy peachy colors. Coral is lighter and adds a bit of shimmer, while Clementine is deeper and can be used as a contour or on the apples of my cheeks.
- Smith's Rosebud Salve - This is a lusciously effective lip balm and, in a pinch, you can skip gloss or lipstick, because this will give the faintest rosy flush to your lips.
- MAC Lustreglass in Love Nectar - This gives a great nude lip, especially when layered over a nude lipstick. I like Lustreglasses better than Lipglasses because they don't have any stickiness whatsoever and their colors are much more sheer.
- MAC Lipstick in O and Brew - O is the perfect shade of bronzy-red on me - it looks polished and classic, but can also look vampy and sexy if paired with a smoky eye. Brew is the perfect nude lippie, without making my lips look like chalk.
- Cetaphil Gentle Cleanser for Normal to Oily Skin - Removes dirt, oil and make-up without drying my skin. I had to get used to the fragrance, but I've loved it ever since. It comes in huge sizes for a small sum of money and it is unfailiingly gentle on the skin. Fabulous product.
- Philosophy Purity Made Simple - Cuts through make-up and leaves my face feeling fresh and clean and doesn't cause breakouts. Wonderful.
- Neutrogena Alcohol-Free Toner - Alcohol-free! Alcohol is awful for your skin, so finding a toner without it is a must. This is great stuff that doesn't leave your skin feeling dry and tight.
- Avon Anew Advanced Nighttime Cream - I know this isn't the whole name (I'll make sure I make a note of it tonight), but this stuff is amazing! My skin looks so much smoother and creamier since I've been using it! I don't know what Avon's been doing lately, but they have been on point with their products!
- Neutrogena Oil-Free Moisture SPF15 - Gives my skin moisture without making my face look like an oil slick. And sunscreen of at least SPF 15 is essential.
- Aquaphor - The only thing that'll get rid of the scaly patch on the side of my nose. And does it without making the rest of my face greasy.
- Ivory soap - I want a clean as real as Ivory. It's gotta be 99.44. I want a clean as real as Ivory ... nothing less, nothing more. I want a clean as real as Ivory ... it's gotta be pure, that's for sure. I want a clean as real as Ivory.
- Dove deodorant - I don't know why, but this works so much better than Secret for me. Love it.
- Carol's Daughter body butters, particularly Jamaican Punch and Almond Cookie - Sweet, but not overpowering scents and the body butter smoothes my skin so beautifully.
Okay, so now you know all the products I don't want to live without. What are yours? Post in the comments - tell me what your faves are and why!