For Mother's Day, I decided to try the products from the Sally Hansen Natural Beauty Collection (designed by Carmindy from TLC's What Not to Wear). A full review will be coming later, but, let me just tell you, the products are great! Quite economical and achieve exactly what they're supposed to - a naturally pretty face, without too many steps or too much time involved.
I forgot to take pictures until we were in the car, on our way to brunch. But that's okay, because you can see what the makeup looks like in natural light. As you can see, Sarai managed to finagle her face into the first pic - LOL! She's so like her mom. I think it's appropriate that you see a bit of my munchkin in the Mother's Day pic.
Used to achieve the above results:
- Bobbi Brown Luminous Foundation in Golden (applied with Beautyblender sponge)
- MAC Brow Pencil in Spiked
- tarte emphasEyes in Black (tightline)
- Sally Hansen Natural Beauty Instant Definition Eye Shadow Palette in Mountain
- Sue Devitt Eye Intensifier Pencil in Bangalore
- Cover Girl Lash Blast in Blackest Black
- Sally Hansen Natural Beauty Sun Glow Powder Bronzer in Summer
- Sally Hansen Natural Beauty Natural Powder Blush in Poppy
- Fresh Sugar Lip Treatment SPF15
- Sally Hansen Natural Beauty Natural Shine Lip Gloss in Sparkling Champagne
For Shannon: The eye look was very easy to achieve! The Natural Beauty eye palettes come with a plastic insert that tells you where to apply the colors, but for future reference, if you're doing a three-shade look, the basic rule of thumb is to use the medium shade on the lid, use the darkest shade as a crease color and liner (if you aren't using another liner) and the lightest shade as a highlight under the brow. Then blend!