Yesterday, as I was going through my makeup, I realized that I have so many old favorites that I neglect, either because I'm testing lots of products or because I've found new things that I love, so they're in heavy rotation. So, this week, instead of constantly reaching for the newest thing, I'm committing myself to trying to use some of my old favorites in new and interesting ways. So, here's today's makeup, with my old favorites in bold and how I've used the makeup to create my look. I decided to go for cool smoky eyes with very neutral warm colors on the rest of the face.
- MAC Eye Kohl in Violet Underground. I used it to draw on a very thick line on the top lashline and to smudge into my bottom lashes. I also used it for tightline. I smoked out the pencil on the lid with my Sephora smudge brush.
- Bobbi Brown Shimmering Nudes palette. Espresso on the lid, mixed with the Violet Underground; above that, Mica Shimmer Wash shadow, then Nude Mist, followed by Nude Beach to highlight.
- L'Oreal Voluminous Carbon Black Mascara. Three coats on my top lashes and one on the bottom. I'd forgotten just how inky black and luscious my lashes look with this stuff - love, love, love!!!
- bareMinerals Foundation in Tan. I've been loving Warm Tan, but for fall and winter, Tan suits my skin better. I used this as concealer and foundation.
- bareMinerals Tinted Mineral Veil.
- YSL Touche Eclat in 3. Used to lighten dark circles under my eyes.
- Bobbi Brown Bronzing Powder in Deep. This stuff is so awesome! Great as contour on my hairline, under jawline, and as a matte bronzer on my cheekbones.
- MAC Beauty Powder Blush in Feeling. A great neutral blush.
- Smith's Brambleberry Rose Salve. One of my all-time faves. All the Smith's lip balms are in heavy rotation.
- MAC Lip Liner Pencil in Cork.
- Mally Beauty Lip Gloss in B Sexy. Why, oh why, do I not use this little gem more often? Completely non-sticky and high gloss and a fab nude color, to boot! Adore!
So, what are you rocking today? Tell me in the comments! And join the challenge! Every day I'll be posting about what old faves I've worked back into my makeup wardrobe - tell me what you're gonna try!